Tuesday 29 September 2015

Autumn lip liner musts!!

Hey girls and boys, 

After the huge Kylie Jenner lip craze, liners have become ever increasingly popular, I thought I'd show you my current autumn lip faves and must haves!! I will admit that before the overally drawn Jenner lip I wasn't a user of lip liners, they were just a thing I'd never thought to invest in, but I thought I'd bite the bullet and see what the hype was all about so I ordered my first liner. I am now addicted. I just find them so easy to use on their own and paired with a lipstick. So my recent purchases won't come as a shock for those of you who like me keeping buying them. 

(Mac stripdown, Mac autumn and Mac subculture) (£12.50 per one)

Subculture and Stripdown have been on my wish list for several weeks now and once I received a email from debenhams saying 10% off all beauty how could I say no?? Being honest Autumn was an impulse buy, I think I got a bit carried away! Mac lip liners are among my fave liners I have tried, they are super long lasting and even though they are matte they're not too drying on the lips. These new additions are among my fave for the autumn trend that were transitioning into, I am not particularly one for bold lips but I am trying to get out of comfort zone more this season and be more experimental. 
 
(L to R: Autumn, Subculture, Stripdown)

As you can see all 3 shades are very pigmented. Both Stripdown and Subculture are from the nude family and Autumn among the red catergory. I don't usually wear red lips often it isn't something I love on myself but I have been searching for a dark red toned shade and thought this one would be perfect and I honestly LOVE it. I am going to be making a concious effort to gather the confidence to wear it. 


Apologies for the not perfect photography, but you can see the effect on the lips. I find the sharper the pencil the easy it is to draw the perfect shape, I don't actually over draw my lips but these pencils are ideal if you wanted to do it. I'd say this shade is definitely more blue under toned and is leaning towards red than purple, I love this shade so much it's so versatile and I think it would look beautiful on anyone. If I was to pick one bold colour for my kit it would be this, it's the perfect berry shade!!! 


Subculture is a strange one, it's your own lip colour just a little more pinky nude, the photo doesn't actually do the pencil justice, I'd say it is much more pink toned in person!! I only applied a light layer but it can be built up to create a strong nude colour. This liner would be perfect with honey love from Mac. This is known to be one of kylie Jenners actual faves and I can see why.


I absolutely adore Stripdown!!! It is a deep nude brown, it's literally everywhere at the min to go with the whole 70's vibe, it kind of reminds me of the lipstick Taupe from Mac, I think this would go perfect with that. It is very pigmented and I think quite unique I haven't seen many drug stores selling a colour similar to this. Brown can be tricky to wear sometimes but I think this one still holds a nude under tone so it makes it more wearable. This is another known by kylie, this one was actually the last one online, I've heard it can be hard to get hold of, so if you see it online grab it whilst you can!!! 

It should be noted to get true colour from the liners I'd slightly dull the lip colour before application to cancel out your own lip pigment.
 Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments below your fave lip liners at the minute :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below!